Comau + PHOTONEO and AZ MECATRONICA (case101)
The PHOTONEO Bin Picking Studio for COMAU brought by COMAU distributor AZ MECATRONICA is an in-house developed state of the art software created for one single purpose - enable bin-picking to everybody in the world. It is easy and understandable for whoever thinks about moving their production to the future with automation.
Bin Picking system is capable to process objects from a variety of materials that are randomly distributed. It is a system capable to process material randomly distributed in unorganized bins and feed it into the manufacturing production line. All done with a precise 3D vision system able to detect various types of objects and robotic intelligence systems, able to guide robots for safe object extraction.
In this application of AZ Mecatronica, COMAU distributor, the fast and agile COMAU Racer-5 robot, equipped with Bin Picking Studio, is successfully picking T fittings used in hydraulic equipment and machinery.
PhoXi 3D scanner successfully scans the part in the bin, provides a high quality point cloud for Localization SW and matches it with the 3D model.
In the same booth a Reber-S6 scara robot is instead applied in a 2D vision recognition demo.
AZ MECATRONICA decided to use Bin Picking Studio for COMAU robots based on much better performance in the installation phase.
The stable PhoXi 3D Scanner, stable localization, easy teaching using 3D CAD models and automatic path planning also play a very important role in shortening the start up of the robot system. Another important factor for the customer is that 3D vision solution provider PHOTONEO is a highly motivated company that frequently releases new products and updates.
With the Bin Picking Studio, it takes 2 – 3 days for integration. It ensures a picking stability, including the stability of PhoXi 3D Scanner leading to a lower noise than competitors, and the stability of localisation (no mistakes in calculation).
Another great feature is path planning – Bin Picking Studio automatically calculates the picking path in the Vision Controller.
This is an advantage over most competitors who do not offer this feature.
- Select the robot from the list
- Upload the Gripper - Upload the CAD model of your gripping tool. The model of the gripper is used for tool point configuration in the virtual environment
- Upload your object - All you need to start planning your bin-picking gripping points is a CAD model of the product you want to pick. Upload it into the Bin Picking Studio and immediately start working with it in a virtual environment.
- Set up gripping & tool points - The setup of bin picking begins with the selection of points where and how the gripper will grasp the object. Bin Picking Studio offers you full support also in this task. Thanks to the simple visual process you no heavy math involved.
- Load your environment - In this step, we will let the Bin Picking Studio know where will the picking take place. It is done again in the easiest fashion possible - by loading a CAD model of your picking cell. Immediately after the upload, the Studio offers you a 3D visualization available for work.
- Setup your part localization - Bin Picking Studio implements a built-in engine for setting up an object localization algorithm. The algorithm based on the CAD matching approach was developed by Photoneo to suit the use for bin-picking with a focus on speed and robustness.
- Robot to camera calibration - With Photoneo’s Bin Picking Studio you no longer need expensive and specific objects or specially prepared calibration sheets. One round object in the shape of a sphere is enough. Calibrate and synchronize your scanner and robot via the intuitive guided program. You will immediately receive visual feedback that you are able to validate and evaluate throughout the entire calibration.
- Interactive debugging - And finally, it is time to pick. Utilize the ultimate advanced debugging tools within the virtual environment. These will allow you to see how well the solution was prepared.
ALL YOU NEED, WE DELIVER
Comau Racer-5 Robot
Bin picking Studio Size M with PhoXi 3D Scanner Size M
Cable set for Scanner
Bin Picking Studio SW
About PHOTONEO & AZ MECATRONICA
AZ MECATRONICA is the Comau Robotics Distributor in Portugal and decided to use Bin Picking Studio for COMAU robots based on much better performance in the installation phase.