Comau + SIEMENS (case026)
Thread forming with a Comau NJ-60 robot by Siemens Chemnitz (WKC)
Leveraging Comau’s wide, high quality range of robots and Siemens’ smart solutions for processing machines, a dedicated portfolio for the full integration of Comau robots into the Siemens Sinumerik system is available today.
Integrated Robotics Benefits:
- HW reduction increases MTBF: avoiding an additional robot controller produces benefits for spare-part inventory and reduces the space needed for electrical equipment
- The full range of CNC functionalities is available to the robot, which makes for optimized path control
- Cost-effective monitoring of fault states and integration of in-house service and maintenance processes
- Robot-specific programming know-how not required
- Easily synchronize processes between machine tools and robots
- Simple optimization of work processes on machine tools
Integrated Robot kinematics
The control is carried out by SINUMERIK Run MyRobot Direct Control.
A special, standardized Robot Control Cabinet was developed for this purpose to control the robot kinematics perfectly.
The cell is supplemented by a customized operator panel for optimum operation and visualization of work process.
The Robot Control Cabinet and the Operator Panel were both developed and also manufatured at WKC.
Set up mode with HT8
cOP@WKC: customized operator panel developed by Siemens Chemnitz
Thread forming process
RCC@WKC. The machne is managed by Robot Cabinet Control developed by Siemens Chemnitz
Sinumerik Run MyRobot inside RCC
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.